Every business today needs a digital marketing appearance to survive as without the digital presence you can never deliver your message to your target audience neither you can look for what they are expecting from and what to fulfill to keep your customers with you for a long run. For this reason, you will need a digital marketing expert to look into the matter for you in a professional and targeted way to generate you better results for your paid money.
Finding the right digital media agency does not need any newton’s formulae, rather there are some simple things to keep in consideration and the steps to follow to end up hiring the right digital media partner to promote your brand in the virtual world. Here we have briefed the five basic steps to get right while hiring a digital media agency for your business or brand. Here is what you have to look into while hiring a new digital marketing agency for you.
Compiling Your Brief:
You need to start with your own self, which means that you need to gather all the basic details about your company, business module, motto and everything else. You will also need to present what you are expecting from the digital media agency to present you with including your estimated budget and other matters. Your mind needs to align answers for the following questions;
- Are you looking to make a new website, if yes, do you have an idea what you are exactly looking for?
- What specific services do you need for your business from the Digital marketing agency
- Which of the social media platforms you are interested the most and what if you already have some?
- What about the PRs. Do you have any plans to win awards or tenders or looking for a position in the trade magazine?
- If you have an already established brand what is the design of the brand and what is the motto, slogan, mission statement or culture of the brand.
- Who is your target audience and what are you expecting in the time of 6 or 12 months, from the start of social media or digital marketing campaign.
Searching the Digital Media Marketing Agencies:
By the moment you are done with the brief, you have reached the time where you have to think about which of the thousands of agencies you need to invite to give you a presentation on the subjected matter.
Google Search Engine:
You can start looking for the advertising agencies in Lahore or in your locality, on the virtual search engines. The most basic place to start with the search is the Google. You can start searching for keywords like digital marketing agencies in Lahore or you can go for social media management; digital marketing; website design and Development Company; and online marketing company etc. you can use the country name or the city name you are based in to find an easy access to the companies.
After you are done with Google you can ask the audience. This audience can be the LinkedIn circle, the Facebook friends or other social media platform where you are linked with a number of reasons. You might find a number of people who are using such services and can give you better suggestions based on their experiences.
Reviewing the Agency:
Once you are done with making a shortlist of the agencies you are recommended by the search engines and the social media gathering, you must now proceed with looking into the own websites of the companies. Here you will need to;
- Look into what services are offered by the company, what is mentioned on their website
- What is the status of their social media presence
- Check the design and functionality of the company website of any specific digital media agency you are considering
- Check if the content on their website is customer focused or not.
- Do they have any portfolio and if yes how is it
- What is the response from the previous or existing customers? Check their testimonial section on the website.
- Does the company have a blog and if yes, what was the last time they posted on it. What kind of content is present on their blog and how they are using the section to promote their own website?
Formulating Your Questions
The time you have invited the agencies to present their proposals to you with details about their strategies, you must also be ready to ask them the questions that will be going to have an impact on your brand. The questions that can be kept in consideration are like;
- Can the agency provide you their client list?
- What type of clients they have been working with and in which market sector they have most of the experience.
- Do they outsource, outsourcing sometimes is not a big deal but it is important for you to know if more than one party is involved in handling your project.
- What will be their preferred strategies or techniques for your specific brand?
Meeting the Team:
You are now all set to have a face to face sitting with the team professionals from the agency. Visiting the office of the agency is the better idea as it will give you the opportunity to look into what kind of atmosphere they are working in; how is the staff; what is their office like; and if you can feel any connection with the company or not.
Your Final Negotiation Process:
If things are going in the way mentioned, you might end up finding the agency you are willing to work with, have some impressive references, now the step is to finalize the matters.
- Talk about the prices of working and clearly define what services will be included in the proposal
- What will be the terms and conditions of the contract
- What is the period of the contract and what if any party terminates it during the said period?
- Even if you hate it- negotiate the price.
How one goes through the process depends on what is the size and the type of company you are looking a digital media agency services for. It also depends on the niche your business is and the level of competition from the market plus how much you are willing to spend and what is your main goal with the digital media agency.
Remember hiring the wrong agency can be costly and can cost you lots of money as well as time and will have an adverse impact on your business and customers as well. You can protect your money and time by hiring the right agency, either by the help of a consultant or by doing a precise research.